No replies to this topic

#1 ngant17

ngant17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOviedo, Florida, US

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:41 AM

I'm getting started in the Carriots IoT platform. I'm currently using Monnit hardware/software for residential and light duty commercial irrigation systems.   At the same time,  the Carriots tutorial on controlling water consumption was interesting as a small irrigation project.  So I want to get more familiar with the Carriots system.

I've installed water submeters with pulse output, hardwired to Monnit's wireless pulse sensors and then to the gateway device for cloud data visualization.  Very useful with text alarms,too.  However, I need more technical experience to deal with hardware/software issues.  This is very much a pioneering area to explore and not enough empirical training for myself just yet.

To start, could I get  a detailed circuit layout of the resistors used in the tiny breadboard, the Arduino and the Raspberry?  Everything else was pretty straightforward but there wasn't much detail on resistor hookup.

I'm a newbie with Arduino and Raspberry hardware but pretty comfortable with Linux on the command line and basic scripting in sudo.  Don't mind coding and compiling with C.

However, I want to duplicate this project as a start to a bigger understanding of basic IoT systems.

Thanks for any help!

Nathan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arduino, Raspberry, flow meter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users