• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tochinet

tochinet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

While the official Ethernet shield makes use of teh Wiz 5100 chip on the shield, most of the integrated devices (Jeenodes, Nanode, OpenKontrol etc.) make use of the much cheaper ENC28J60 and the Ethercard library.

Did anyone try to look at what would be required to support also these boards ? The API is of course very different, mainly because the TCP handling has to be done by the microcontroller, but also because the ENC chip has more internal RAM than the AVR, so it is possible to reduce the memory requirements a lot in the AVR chip.

#2 sdeancos

sdeancos

Master of Puppets

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi tochinet and welcome!

In theory, any library capable of handling HTTP requests should be able to communicate with Carriots.

In this example https://github.com/j...ter/twitter.ino you can see how to make a HTTP request with Ethercard library.

I hope this can help you, and if you have any doubt don't hesitate to ask here.

Enjoy Carriots!

#3 JCSERV

JCSERV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:04 AM

While the official Ethernet shield makes use of teh Wiz 5100 chip on the shield, most of the integrated devices (Jeenodes, Nanode, OpenKontrol etc.) make use of the much cheaper ENC28J60 and the Ethercard library.

Did anyone try to look at what would be required to support also these boards ? The API is of course very different, mainly because the TCP handling has to be done by the microcontroller, but also because the ENC chip has more internal RAM than the AVR, so it is possible to reduce the memory requirements a lot in the AVR chip.

I uses enc28j60 with an home made arduino compatible without problem. I use the Uipethernet library, this one is fully compatible with arduino and 29j60

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ethernet, Arduino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users