• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 csambrook

csambrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

It appears that it's possible to use a listener to send SMS's to a mobile without ever having validated that the mobile number is correct.  That seems like a very bad idea.

Having your rmobile erroneously SMS'd by a machine is very bad news, especially when it repeats automatically.  This can happen quite easily with a simple wrong number or in my case because I didn't realise that omitting the country code caused the API to default to Spain.

Perhaps it would be better if it was only possible to send SMSs to phones which had first agreed to receive them by responding to a request.

And to the poor innocent victim of my SMS abuse - sorry.

#2 mcastillo

mcastillo

Carriots CEO

• Administrators
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi csambrook,

Thank you for your feedback.

This SMS feature is based on the request of our corporate customers that prefer to have this functionality open and self regulated. Nevertheless Carriots has limits to the SMS use in listeners so that abuse is prevented (or in case of malfunction of the script). Requiring the SMS number to subscribe will limit too much the use of this feature in IOT applications. 

In any case we hope you like using this feature in your projects wisely, as it is very powerful to build useful IOT applications.

And don't worry that no user in Spain has been abused  :) .

BR

Miguel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users