• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robotmad

robotmad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Loving Carriots so far, but when I switched from sending an alert by sms (which worked fine) to making a tweet on twitter I now get the following alarm each time:

"Listener ListenerOne@robotmad: html title 500 Internal Server Error title body 500 Internal Server Error body html"

Unfortunately this is too general for me to be able to tell where to look next so any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

#2 mcastillo

mcastillo

Carriots CEO

• Administrators
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi robotmad,

On section 8 of this tutorial (our internet stuffed toy example) https://www.carriots...net_stuffed_toy you can see how the listener should look like to make a tweet. This feature works fine. So the problem should be that if you copied and pasted the code, some extra characters might have been added without noticing. Please review that you don't have any line breaks.
Please also note that twitter API does not allow to tweet the same exact text twice in a row. Although a duplicate should be discarded and you should not get an 500 internal server error.

Anyway, if the error persist could you paste here the code of your listener?

BTW: You can also access the terminal console https://cpanel.carriots.com/terminal/ (or in the upper menu Debug&Log\console) and try your script before you put it in a listener.

Edited by mcastillo, 30 March 2013 - 09:54 PM.
I forgot to mention the console feature to try scripts

#3 robotmad

robotmad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions - the example I based my listener on was even simpler as it just sent a fixed piece of text (as it hasn't worked once I don't think it has anything to do with the limitation on not making the same tweet):

import com.carriots.sdk.utils.Twitter;
def tw = new Twitter();
tw.status = "Testing";
tw.send();

Using the console everything is OK until the last line tw.send(); which results in the 500: Internal Server Error

I have set up access to my Twitter account via the Apps menu in the control panel.

Thanks for your help

Chris

#4 mcastillo

mcastillo

Carriots CEO

• Administrators
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi Chris,

The problem was on our side. I talked to the developers and it has already been solved. The programmer who broke it will have a punishment  of one week without cupcakes  <_< .

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Miguel.

#5 sdeancos

sdeancos

Master of Puppets

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Oh!!!! :o

Hi robotmad!

I hope that was not too much trouble.

I will keep it in mind. <_<

Enjoy Carriots!

#6 Mecamicros

Mecamicros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

When I access the terminal console https://cpanel.carriots.com/terminal/ and try my script before I put it in a listener, it works, but Im tring to tweet it  by a listener and It doesnt works and I have al ready set my twitter by carriots apps.

#7 jpastor

jpastor

Development leader

• Administrators
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hello Mecamicros.

If the code is running on the console, it should work in the listener.
If your code is in "then expression", ensure that the sentence "if expression" is true.

Hope it helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users