#1 Zambiot

Zambiot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

There are several definitions of time in the Control Panel.  For instance, there is the user's setting of time zone.  Then, there is also each device has a time zone set with it.  Finally, I believe Carriots logs everything in UTC-0 time zone.

Therefore, when I am looking at stream data, the interface isn't obvious which time zone I am looking at.  I suspect UTC-0.  If so, it would be helpful to have some sort of indication of this.  Also, since I am not in UTC-0, maybe a clock could be shown inside the Control Panel.  Eventually, it would be nice to have a user setting so that the user can determine how all times are displayed in the Control Panel.

Thank you.

#2 alvaro

alvaro

Carriots CTO

• Administrators
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hello.

I've missed that one for a while, sorry.

Yes, all dates in Carriots are stored with UTC-0 time zone. Accessing data by REST API will serve dates in UTC-0 because the response contains JSON (or XML) representation retrieved directly from our DB. Dates in the control panel are shown according to the user's time zone. Please let us know if it's not your case.

We will take note about adding a clock or page generation time to the control panel.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Alvaro Everlet

Carriots CTO

#3 Zambiot

Zambiot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

OK.  The times makes sense lately with what I am working with. Thank you for confirming.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users